Hosted by the Princeton Club of Western Washington
Get to know Princeton and UPenn alumni while supporting Northwest Harvest, a local nonprofit food bank distributor operating statewide with a network of more than 370 food banks, meal programs and high-need schools, providing more than 2 million meals every month. Here's the info from the Princeton Club:
What will I be doing?
- We will be sorting through large amounts of food and repackaging into smaller boxes.
- Tasks include sorting/repackaging (may include lifting boxes generally under 25 lbs), putting together boxes, weighing food.
Why is this opportunity lots of fun?
- You get to give back to the community.
- Learn about what's edible vs. what you see in the grocery stores-- it'll surprise you!
- No need to go to the gym or Crossfit afterward-- there's tasks that could give you a pretty decent workout!
- Revel in the satisfaction of knowing that within just a couple of hours, you'll have helped pack tons (literally) of food to distribute to our community.
This sounds great. Can I bring along my spouse/parent/child/friend to help volunteer as well?
- Of course, as long as they are 9 years (3rd grade) and older. Just let us know when you sign up!
- Additionally, Northwest Harvest will do everything possible to enable volunteers with special needs to participate. Please let us know and we can help you coordinate with Northwest Harvest.
Anything else I should know?
- You must arrive on time and stay for the entire shift (12pm-2pm; arrive by 11:50 am for orientation).
- Closed-toed shoes are required.
- Shoulders and midriffs must be completely covered. Tank tops are not permitted.
- Space is limited to 25.
- If your employer participates, you can also get your hours matched for donation to Northwest Harvest. See http://www.northwestharvest.org/hours-matching for more information.
How can I learn more about Northwest Harvest?
- The mission of Northwest Harvest is to provide nutritious food to hungry people statewide in a manner that respects their dignity, while fighting to eliminate hunger. Our vision is ample nutritious food is available to everyone in Washington State.
- To learn more, visit http://www.northwestharvest.org/
To sign up:
1. Email the Princeton Club at email@example.com as soon as possible to confirm your spot.
2. RSVP on this event page to help us coordinate our alumni.